Monday, August 20, 2012
Assorted Bits & Pieces: THE LAST SAMURAI (1974) DVD Giveaway Contest! One Down, Two To Go!
On June 26th, 2012, Neptune Media released their first DVD title. This inaugural release was from one of Japan's more well known directors on the international market, Kenji Misumi; that film being THE LAST SAMURAI from 1974. Before images of a Japanese armor clad Tom Cruise begin dancing in your head, forget all that and imagine a near 3 hour sprawling epic on the level of GONE WITH THE WIND, but far more violent. And with an entirely Japanese cast.
This release of Kenji Misumi's THE LAST SAMURAI is from a brand new 16:9 hi def transfer in its original 2.35:1 aspect ratio.
In conjunction with Neptune Media (special thanks to John Gainfort), Cool Ass Cinema has three copies of this amazing samurai classic to give away to three lucky readers for free! This will be three contests. One is out of the way and two copies remain. This second contest is a random drawing. The first name picked will be the winner!
The contest rules and prize information are below:
1. There are three DVD prizes in this contest. One prize per winning entry per contest.
2. If you are the winner of a giveaway, you can't enter one of the others.
3. Multiple entries will be disqualified.
4. If, for whatever reason, a prize winner decides not to accept their prize, another contestant with the correct answer will be chosen.
5. For your entry, send your name, email address and home mailing address to email@example.com.
6. The contests apply to US and Canadian residents only.
7. PLEASE MAKE SURE TO INCLUDE THE CORRECT NAME AND MAILING ADDRESS. Cool Ass Cinema is not responsible for illegible or incorrect entry information.
8. This second contest begins Monday, August 20th and will run till Sunday, August 26th at 11:59pm.
9. The second contest winner will be announced the following Monday at the Cool Ass Cinema Facebook page and also here at Cool Ass Cinema upon the announcement of the THIRD and FINAL CONTEST.
For more information about this release, and about Neptune Media, click HERE.
For a review of the film and to see screen shots, click HERE.